Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

I was just coming back from lunch and the vehicle started lugging

Customer Question

I was just coming back from lunch and the vehicle started lugging and the Advance Trac light came on with a beep ?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I have a switch in the center column and push it a few but light and message in the dash.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I hope so, do have a warranty at the used car dealer I bought from. Chevy/Subaru in State College, Pa.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: I just changed back rorors and pads Saturday, ran about 60 mile yesterday, no problem.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. With the traction light on like this here and the lurching issue you have described here this sounds like a fault with one of the wheel speed sensors.I dont think it is related to the repairs that were done but you can re check the area you had worked for any damaged wiring to the sensors as the sensors run to the wheel hub assemblies.If there is no damage found what will have to be done here is to have a scan tool plugged in that can communicate with all computers in your model to see what codes are set.Then from there those codes diagnosed to locate and repair this fault.This is usually done by a dealer or repair center in your area.In some cases a local parts store like Auto Zone can check these at no charge to you but usually cannot do the diagnosis.I suspect a failed wheel speed sensor or sensor wiring damaged needing repaired or replaced.But since there are several different possibilities this will need diagnosed further then the fault located and repaired. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete