Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Escape: i have a 2008 ford escape it was reading ignition coil

Customer Question

i have a 2008 ford escape it was reading ignition coil failure so i changed all of them and still have a misfire and coeds still coming up as faulty coil it runs but very shakie not shur what to do now
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
its also worst wen it rains
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. If you have a fault code for a faulty ignition coil or coil circuit inspect the wiring to the coils for any breaks or damage to them including at the connections to the coils themselves.If a fault is found with the wiring or connections to one or more coils this will need repaired to correct this issue here.Usually this is the second cause for a coil code when the coils are not the cause here.If all wiring is checked and found to be o.k. the other cause is a fault with the engine computer itself internally.I have seen this fail before causing issues as well needing replaced. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete