Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson

Thunderbird: ,I bought a 96 t bird with bad brakes.I checked

Customer Question

Hello,I bought a 96 t bird with bad brakes.I checked the rotors and pads and found them about half left and the calipbars free to move.The brake pedal is very stiff to push like the booster is bad or no vacuum.I pulled the vacuum line off of the booster and found the vacuum to be weak. The engine still runs when disconnected it picks up a few hundred rpms.I'm also getting check engine light code for running to rich due to vacuum leak I was told.I'm not sure where I should start with first.I looks like the booster was replaced recently.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 6 months ago.
Hi Jerry. My name is***** will be glad to help. Test the booster and also the inline check valve in the vacuum line. If it tests OK verify and check for intake vacuum leaks.
Hi Jerry, Did you get this resolved?