Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really

Customer Question

hello...
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I have a 2003 ford explorer with 4.6l v8 engine. I just replaced the timing chain ( chain, tensioners + guides ). I cranked the engine while the cam covers were still off, and I have very little oil flow on the passenger side. I'd like to know where to look for any sort of blockage.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: i tried an oil "flush", changed oil + filter, still low flow...
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: i'm worried that a piece of plastic from the tension guide somehow is blocking something
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: that's about it
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 7 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. The left cylinder head (drivers side) is fed from a drilling into the supply passage feeding the main gallery at the front of the cylinder block. The right cylinder head is fed from a drilling into the rear of the main gallery. Main gallery pressure is reduced as it enters the cylinder head galleries through fixed serviceable orifices, located at the upper part of the feed passages. It is this reduced pressure in the cylinder head galleries which feeds the camshaft journals, the hydraulic lash adjusters and the primary and secondary timing chain tensioners.The camshaft lobe and roller followers are lubricated by splash created through valve train operation.The passenger side head oil first comes in at camshaft journal for cylinder 4.A restriction in the journals is your likely source. I would remove that cam and blow out each port first off. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris