Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

I have a 1999 ford Taurus it has 127,000 I will only start

Customer Question

I have a 1999 ford Taurus it has 127,000 I will only start with the gas pedal pressd n stall soon as I let off
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. This type of fault here is usually caused by a faulty throttle position sensor.I have seen these fail before internally and had to replace it.I would start with having the fault codes checked/read out to see what codes are set then from there the codes can be diagnosed and repaired.A scan tool can also be used to monitor the TPS sensor data to see if it is faulty. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete