James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified

What causes the p252f code JA: Sometimes things that you think

Customer Question

what causes the p252f code
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I don't now what causes this code
JA: Let's get those codes to the mechanic so you two can figure this issue out ASAP. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: changing oil and filter
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  A. Penland replied 6 months ago.
What year and model Ford are you working on?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
08 f350 6.4
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
don't now the cause
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
? pluged dpf filter or what
I will have to OPT OUT and reopen your question to the diesel experts, I only do gas engines. Thank you.
Expert:  James replied 6 months ago.
Hello, this concern is caused by an engine oil level that is high. It could be from a faulty injector or it could be from coolant getting into the oil. To diagnose you want to drain and measure the amount of oil coming out of the system. If there is coolant in the oil it will leak out before the oil because it is heavier.