Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Ford Senior Master Tech
Experience:  Auto Trans, Drivability and Electrical Specialist
9600325

I need to replace the output speed sensor on my 2008 Ford Edge. JA:

Customer Question

I need to replace the output speed sensor on my 2008 Ford Edge.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I just told you. The Output Speed Sensor is bad. And it's a common problem with the Ford Edge as I've been reading. I need help with replacing it. What do I have to do?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If I can. I've already ordered the part. What do I have to do to replace it?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: It's an '08 Edge, AWD V6.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** and thanks for your question.

If you are replacing the oss, replace the tss also, they go bad just as much and you will be right there. I will include instructions in the links below. Just fyi on a technical difficulty level of 1-10, these are about a 7. The valve body and solenoid bodies need to be removed. Valve body installation is tricky,especially lining up the manual valve.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5tf6oygq1dv4rkm/oss.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zsns5kbde2buadk/tss.pdf?dl=0

If you are satisfied with your answer, please take a moment to rate my service as you see fit. Experts are not compensated without a positive rating. Providing a rating does not close the question, you can reply or ask additional questions without incurring further charges.

Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again,

If you need further assistance please feel free to reply and we can continue. Otherwise please take a moment to rate my answer as you see fit. After rating, the thread is still available should you need further assistance. Experts are not compensated without a positive rating. Providing a rating does not close the question, you can reply or ask additional questions without incurring further charges.

Thanks,

Kenny Z

Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again,

Thanks,

Kenny Z

Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again,

I was reviewing some of my older questions and noticed I was never compensated for this question because it was not rated. If it was your intention to not rate me and use my services free of charge then I will accept that as a free service I provided and move on.

Thanks,

Kenny Z