Scott W.
Scott W., Ford Technician
Experience:  28 yrs. experience as Ford ASE Master Technician. Accolades include being a 2005 Ford PTS Regional Finalist and 2006 ASE Ford National Technician.

Ford Expedition Eddie : Problem in a 2003 Ford Expedition... What

Customer Question

Problem in a 2003 Ford Expedition...
What function does relay C2075 (accessory delay relay) in the CJB serve. I'm having a problem where the windows and radio will stop working for variable periods of time. It's an intermittent problem that can occur while driving or while stopped with the engine not running. Thanks for any help.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Scott W. replied 6 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** me a few minutes while I find some information for you.
Expert:  Scott W. replied 6 months ago.
The relay does exactly as it is named, it delays the accessories from turning off when the key is turned off, the relay will shut off when the key is removed, then when a door is opened, then the relay shuts off. If you suspect the relay is bad I would definately swap it out with another relay, they are cheap and from your description it sounds if maybe the contacts inside the relay may not be making a good connection intermittently.
Expert:  Scott W. replied 6 months ago.
Here is the location of the relay.