Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

Trying to replace upper ball joints on '04 explorer, with press

Customer Question

trying to replace upper ball joints on '04 explorer, with press kit, wtf?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I am pressing out a upper ball joint on a 2004 ford explorer. not sure if the adapter arrangement is right as I have it arranged. the stem of the ball joint stem has lifted about 1/4 inch and the splined body is static. do you have a diagram to display proper assembly for removal?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: currently yes, depending on your response I may put it back together and ask her to take it to the dealer.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: just replaced brake pads and rotors and still have to bleed the brakes all the way around.
JA: Oh No! Brake problems are the worst. The Ford Mechanic will know what to do. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  john -aka eauto replied 6 months ago.
is this*****