Ray M.
Ray M., Ford Master Tech
Experience:  30+ years in trade, Ford Master Tech, Journeyman Automotive Tech
11409661

I have a 2008 f450 6.4, my truck will not try and start battery

Customer Question

i have a 2008 f450 6.4, my truck will not try and start battery good. cannot not figure out why it will not even try
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: so I was having trouble with the egr sensor I cleared the codes started my truck it was running fine had power seemed to be running great I shut the truck off to clean up tools went to start truck then nothing light up wait for the glow plug light to go off go to crank it and nothing. hear clicking close to fuse panel but other than that nothing
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ray M. replied 7 months ago.
If the EGR sensor is bad the truck will start, but as soon as it sees the sensor is bad, it will turn on the check engine lite and will not start if shut off until the sensor is replaced and the code cleared.