Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609

Excessive cranking before start. JA: Sometimes things that

Customer Question

excessive cranking before start.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: cranks for about ten seconds before starting. run rough for a couple milesthen runs fine.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Iam.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: change fuel filter clean the mass air flow sensor. check ficm voltage.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: I don't think so.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  A. Penland replied 6 months ago.
What year, and model is your Ford?What engine does it have?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
2006 6.0 powerstroke
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
F250 superduty
I am not experienced with diesels. I am a gas engine technician. I'll OPT OUT and reopen your question to the diesel experts.
Expert:  Jeremy replied 6 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today. I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made. We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence! I want to apologize that this question sat s long as it did. When you have the hard start and the engine finally does start, do you notice during that time and excess smoking coming from the tailpipe? Can you try and cycle the glow plugs (wait to start) 3 times and see if there is any difference at all? I want to try and narrow the issue down as to either the glow plug circuit or the high pressure oil system since you already checked the other items I would have mentioned to check.__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back. Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,they are not the site feedback. Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer! Jeremy
Expert:  Jeremy replied 5 months ago.
I see you viewed this and this is still showing as a open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.Did you still need assistance with this?