Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

First message: I am stuck at work

Customer Question

Hello,First message: I am stuck at work and will have to sleep here if I can't figure this out.. My '97 (I know it is old, but well taken care of, and mileage is not so bad) Ford Explorer Sport's alarm/horn won't go off. I unplugged the battery, it went off, and as soon as Ire-plugged the battery in, it started up again. This all started when I got in my truck, and attempted to start the car. Please help! I need to get back to my wife, who is terminally-ill. Our dog hasn't been fed yet because I have been here since 7PM, trying to leave. I will be sleeping on the concrete floor anytime if I don't get this fixed, and have to get back here for my shift in the AM. Concrete floor + bad back + no diabetes medicine left with me makes things even worse.After: I was told to open the driver door, put the key in the ignition. & turn the truck to the "on" position. Then, I disconnected the negative cable to the battery for approximately 60 seconds.. After 60 seconds, I reconnected the negative cable. I waited a lot more than 60 seconds as told, and the horn/alarm were still blaring loudly. I disconnected the battery, and then connected it again. Out of approximately 15 tries, I did get the truck to start, but each time, the alarm & horn were still blaring. I do not know what to do. I really need to get home. I am hoping you can help.Disconnected horn and alarm, and car won't start. Please help. Thank you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 6 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. I know you were stranded earlier. So I do not know if you still need help on this concern or not. Sorry no one online earlier did not get to you.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 5 months ago.
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris