rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

Pearl, I have 2004 ford f150 heritage. My blend door actuator

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I have 2004 ford f150 heritage. My blend door actuator is not working. I bought a new one and replaced it, but it still did not work. Could it be something else that's causing not to work?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: only replaced it, but it still didn't work
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: not to my knowledge
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 6 months ago.
Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teachautomotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Pleaseunderstand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problemwith the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computerdata/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; wejust diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch thevehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going todirect you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please bepatient and permit me to do what I do best.I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” inreturn. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If thereis any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so Ican go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help youthrough it.You may want to check the wiring for being active such as the power and ground wires. If they are good, then the switch that operates that door may be bad.Thanks, Ron
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
OH I forgot to mention that I did try another switch also. and that didn't work either
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 6 months ago.
Okay,then it's either a wiring issue or the control head is not commanding it to turn on.Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.Ron