rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

2002 ford Taurus ses 3.0 v6 dpfe senor put a new on e

Customer Question

2002 ford Taurus ses 3.0 v6 dpfe senor put a new on e 3 mnths ago an now I am getting code p1400 and check engine is on
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: clear code an d it comes back on
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: the car is running fine but it runs ruff when I speed up
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: I have change the egt vacom senor
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 6 months ago.
Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teachautomotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Pleaseunderstand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problemwith the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computerdata/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; wejust diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch thevehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going todirect you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please bepatient and permit me to do what I do best.I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” inreturn. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If thereis any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so Ican go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help youthrough it. Check the ports for the EGR for being plugged with carbon, both intake and exhaust. If they are plugged, a restriction of flow will cause this too.Thanks, Ron