Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

87 f250 5.0 turns over easy but takes a while to start. When

Customer Question

87 f250 5.0 turns over easy but takes a while to start. When it does start it runs rough & dies out when press the accelerator.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: What I said above is what's going on.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If I can.
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: No.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Super Mechanic replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site. .What is the fuel pressure at and does it hold when the pump shuts off?