John Vieira
John Vieira, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Certified Technician 32 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
78680981

I have a 5.9 in a F650 when engine is hot it will not start

Customer Question

i have a 5.9 in a F650 when engine is hot it will not start what could be the problem
Category: Ford
Expert:  John Vieira replied 7 months ago.
Does it not turn over? Please elaborate.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
yes and by the way its a2005 and both pumps have been replaced
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
misread question it does turn over
When you turn the key, hitting the starter, leaving it in the on position. Do you hear the fuel pump come on? I know you said they are replaced, so they are probably coming on.If yes, then we need to make sure there is no air in the fuel system. And we need to check the fuel pressure. It should be about minimal, 10-12 psi. Do you have a way to check to for DTC's? Diagnostic Troubleshooting Codes?Another thing is it could be the screen going to the ECM cooling plate there is a round canister about six inches inches it is a filter that nobody ever changes, that could be an issue, too.Good thing you replaced the pumps because there was a TSB for your year of truck issued on the fuel pump. Fuel Pump relocation.