Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

My 2012 fusion won't turn over it makes a clicking noise. I

Customer Question

My 2012 fusion won't turn over it makes a clicking noise. I jumped the battery and it still won't work
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 7 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Do you have a push button or key start?Do you own a test light or volt meter so we can diagnose this?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Key start.
The roadside assistance guy said he thinks it's either my fuel pump or a fuse. He said he couldn't hear the pump kick on.
Someone else said it could be that the inertia switch got tripped.
Just so I understand correct. Normally you turn the key to the start position, the engine cranks, then starts. Your issue is it will not crank, correct?If that is true then neither of the possibilities mentioned are to blame. They effect starting, not cranking ability.