Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

Ford F 250 super duty: I have a 2005 ford f250 superduty, I

Customer Question

I have a 2005 ford f250 superduty, I have no power of any sort to my tow plugs,4 and 7 outlet plugs. My truck lights on my rear work fine but nothing for my trailers. I took a 12 volt light tester to the plugs, no power to anything. I traced the wiring from rear to front cleaning any ground . I checked all fuses related to the tow package, all were good. What am I missing!!! There's got to be something I;m over looking.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 6 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Below is a link to one of the diagrams I will be using. you using the trailer connector ground as your test pin when checking the others, if so that one pin could be bad and give a no voltage reading to all other wires? Lets start with the battery charge pin, the orange wire at the trailer connector. Is fuse 107 under the dash good and powered? Does the trailer tow battery charge relay click when installed and removed with the key on? -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I use a separate battery for my ground on my voltage tester. I replaced 107,it was bad, with the same results. No click that I can hear. Also there is no power on either prong where fuse connects.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Also Chris, I have no power to fuse #20 under the hood with key on or off.
No power to fuse 107 means the fuse box has internally failed.Fuse 20 under the is only powered with the truck in reverse and the key on.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
that 107 fuse would take out the entire back plugs? what would cause the fuse to burn out? is your suggestion to replace the fuse box? is there a way to open the fuse box and find the short?
Fuse 107 is just part of the issue with the trailer connector. We can stop all diag at that point since that fuse should be powered all the time from within the fuse box. Since this portion of the fuse box is bad more than likely there are more issues wrong with the fuse box. If you would like we can diagnose another trailer connector circuit, odds are the same result will return. I have no directions for rebuilding a fuse box. Thats not in the Ford repairs since Ford would not allow us techs to do that.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 5 months ago.
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris