roy, import/domestic specialest
Experience:  ASE master tech for 40 years

Oil light comes on at idle, engine at normal opperating temp.

Customer Question

oil light comes on at idle, engine at normal opperating temp. oil light flickers on and off but goes off as soon as the engine is rev. I put a gauge on the engine and at idle oil pressure got down to 13 psi. I could see the gauge needle was bouncing up and down and I could feel pulsating at the gauge. Is this pulsating normal? Because the oil light pulsates on and off with the oil pressure pulses. Tried a different sender and didn't help. Can you help?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I am a diy-fer
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: 150,000 to 200,000 miles Engine idles good and sounds good too, no noise
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  roy replied 6 months ago.
good evening my name is ***** ***** I will assist no, it should not pulsate at all. you have an internal issue inside the oil system. it may be a bad bearing, oil pump or clogged pick up screen. Roy