Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

Replaced number 8 injector myself got everything done torqued

Customer Question

Replaced number 8 injector myself got everything done torqued back down to specifications made sure my ficm was hooked up and seated all the way went to start my battery was dead so hooked a trickle charger up to it left it for a day or two then turned it over once for about 15 seconds then let it sit for little bit to let starter cool down then tried again but battery went dead just wondering if I need to keep cranking till it starts or if there's a way I can get it to fire up before my battery dies
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Ford Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes ma'am if I had the money to put in the shoo I would I just had a new motor put in it its an 05 f250 6.0 got head studs and new lpop
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: As far as trying to get it to start?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: It has a SCT tuner on it but never used it other than to read codes been set on economy since I purchased it last January
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 6 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Do you have a scan tool to check and see if there are codes and to see if the injectors will do a buzz test and to see if the ICP pressure is above 500psi while cranking?Lets just see if it needs some help getting up to a faster rpm to start. Remove the air intake tube from the intake to turbo. Crank the engine and give it a shirt shot of ether followed by a squirt bottle of diesel fuel. Let me know if it starts. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris