Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

89 f-150 5.0 truck starts run rough, play with pedal will

Customer Question

89 f-150 5.0 truck starts run rough, play with pedal will take off run ok for awhile the stall let set restart rough varies rpm then dies restart up down a code 22 came up on test checked just about everything when it starts to fail it seems spark is lost at plugs pulled wire looked as motor died spark dies replace pick up and dist controller no differance
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes working with local garage now all lost
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: fuel delivery replaced filter reset timing, new pick up new dist controller surveyed all electric wires looking at vacuum lines
JA: Anything else I can tell the Ford Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.The code 22 in most cases is set due to a bad MAP (Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor) . In order to determine if in fact it has failed you will need to do some testing. See the test steps in the link below.Copy and paste the links to your browser to open and view themhttps://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/MAP%20APr%2023.pdfThe lack of spark can be caused by any of the following,Defective Distributor PickupDefective Powertrain Control Module (PCM)Shorted WiringOpen Wiring HarnessSince you have replace the pick up and ignition module then you may have a failing PCM. In order to determine if in fact that is the case you are going to need to do some testing. I have enclosed the test steps in the link below. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/No%20spark%20APr%2023.pdf