AMEDEE
AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN
Experience:  ASE CERTIFIED TECHNICIAN ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

Ford Explorer: 1999 2wd Eddier Bauer explorer drivers window

Customer Question

1999 2wd Eddier Bauer explorer drivers window fell off track and is at bottom of door got Panal speaker out already how to get window back on track
Category: Ford
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 9 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. Can I start by getting your VIN? Thank you!
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'm headed to work but is a v6 Eddie Bauer 2wd with the SOCH 4.0 v6
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 9 months ago.
It says your payment did not go through.. you may need to add more money to your account as phone calls are extra..
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 9 months ago.
Ok, thank you! I will post some info shortly..
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 9 months ago.
Now, depending on what is broke or how it is broke, you may need to replace the regulator in order to get the window to stay on track. However, you wont know this until you pull off the door panel and have a look inside. I am going to post some information on how to remove the door panel and how to replace the regulator.. if needed.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 9 months ago.
POWER WINDOW REGULATOR MOTORRemoval & Installation (Front)Lower glass to full down position. Remove door trim panel. Raise glass to full up position and support glass. Disconnect negative battery cable. Disconnect inside front door handle and rod. Disconnect window motor connector. If equipped, remove equalizer bracket nuts.Drill out 3 rivets holding regulator/motor assembly. Remove nut and remove regulator/motor assembly. Ensure regulator arm is in fixed position to prevent counterbalance spring from unwinding. Remove motor from regulator/motor assembly. To install, reverse procedure. Cycle window to ensure engagement of drive mechanism.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 9 months ago.
Here are some pictures to help you..
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 9 months ago.
Now, you may not have to remove and replace the entire regulator and or motor, but at least you can remove things enough to get the drivers side window back on track using the information I have provided. This may be a simple fix. :)
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 9 months ago.
I am glad I can help! It has been a pleasure working with you. Please dont forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "Excellent Service" for assisting you today. Please let me know if you have any further questions.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 9 months ago.
Hello! It'sCustomerfrom just answer. I am just checking in to see if you need any further assistance? Let me know!