Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

Abs light just came on. what to check JA: Thanks. Can you

Customer Question

abs light just came on. what to check
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Never had a problem till today. Brakes work fine.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 7 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today. I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made. We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence! Your brakes will still work fine so there is no concern there. The issue with the ABS system now with the light on is the system will either deactivate or activate late. It just keeps you from skidding when on icy roads and hitting the brakes or from skidding when all wheels are locked coming to a super fast stop at 35 mph or more. To check, the vehicle will need to have a scan tool that has ABS capability to read the code. It can be a wheel speed sensor (depending on the model) or the rear drive sensor. It can also be a blown fuse, bad module, etc. I suggest seeing if the scanners at Autozone can pull up the codes for they do the checks for free. The code will advise you on what to check. If they are unable to pull the code, a local repair shop can. If you have a Just Brakes in your area, they can pull the code and their charge is around $19.99 to pull it or free if they repair it.__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back. Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,they are not the site feedback. Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer! Jeremy
Expert:  Jeremy replied 7 months ago.
I see you viewed this and this is still showing as a open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.Did you still need assistance with this?