James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified

Car at times wont start when first started in the morning,,after

Customer Question

Car at times wont start when first started in the morning,,after priming with gas it will start and run for 3 to 5 days with no runs normal and performs well.. does not store any trouble codes in the computer either
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: just cked fuel pressure and computer for codes
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: the previous owner has replaced the TPS..fuel pump and mass air flow sensor
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 6 months ago.
Hello, when it starts hard in the morning you are losing fuel pressure. There is a check valve inside the fuel pump that holds fuel in the lines and rail for faster starting. When the check valve fails it will create a hard starting situation after the fuel bleeds back down. To correct the concern you need to replace the fuel pump.