Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 2004 F350 6.0 diesel that won't start at first it

Customer Question

I have a 2004 F350 6.0 diesel that won't start at first it started hard then would start and run for ten seconds then die .Now it won't even fire .I had just replaced the fuel filter and drove it several times before the problem started . the filter I changed was by the engine I have not changed the water filter yet . there is no check engine light . I also changed the batteries when it wouldn't start . It sat a few days without batteries .
JA: There are so many things that can cause battery issues. Some simple, some complicated. The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Will the car start?
Customer: no but it wouldn't start before I replaced the batteries
JA: Got it. The mechanic will have thoughts on how you two can troubleshoot and diagnose this issue. How old is the battery?
Customer: its brand new
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes Iwas wondering if it could have any thing to do with the water filter I have not replaced this is a diesel
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: replacing the batteries because it turned over to slow
JA: Anything else I can tell the Ford Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: It sounds like the fuel pump is running but I'm not sure
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 7 months ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** the check engine light come on for 2 seconds and go out, when turn the key to on?