Ray M.
Ray M., Ford Master Tech
Experience:  30+ years in trade, Ford Master Tech, Journeyman Automotive Tech

I'm replacing pass frt seat belt '12 F150.

Customer Question

***** *****. I'm replacing pass frt seat belt '12 F150. How do I get get tractor to release and extend belt out where it's usable???
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Dog chewed thru nylon, replacing entire unit. What's does one do to release full retraction??
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I don't need any info on removing seat or taking off the head rest. Just show how to release the retractor!!
Expert:  George H. replied 6 months ago.
Hello I will help you with your question, if you hold the belt in the mounted position the retractor should release, the slightest tilt will lock it. Let me know if that works for you Thanks
Expert:  Ray M. replied 5 months ago.
Did you get the seatbelt to release, need more help?