Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

Ford F250 diesel: I already pay but I never get answer

Customer Question

Hey I have 2002 ford f250 diesel crank but won't start
Category: Ford
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 7 months ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Check the under valve cover harness and pigtail connectors for melted or damaged connector pins and be sure the connectors are not loose causing a poor connection. With the key switch on is the check engine light coming on and cycling with the key on as it should? Do you see tachometer response while cranking over?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I don't have no power on the wire harness going to the valve cover
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The check engine light come yes
It will crank over but no start? Does the tach respond while cranking? If not you could have a faulty crank sensor. Also do you have any fault codes and if you are not sure do you have access to a scan tool to pull your codes?
Let me know what you have logged for codes in the ECM
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The truck don't have crank sensor he have cam sensor but wat I don't understand why I don't have power on the other side of glow plug when the key is on
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
His said no code fund
Which engine model? 7.3?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes 7.3
Thanks for the update. In this case yes the cam sensor. Is the wait to start light coming on and has he checked the glow plug relay?
Here are common things for a no start on a 7.3.... Low fuel pressure due to leaks, restriction, faulty pump or regulator. Low ICP pressure due to leaks, faulty IPR, faulty HPOP, or ICP sensor. IDM/ ECM loss of power or faulty module, Cam sensor.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The wait and start light come on . When I turn the key on do I have to have power on the other side of 12v bat ?
What of these has he checked so far?
On the other side of where? the glow plug relay opposite terminal? If so than yes
There is a phone call option if you are interested if you think it might be easier I can send you over the additional services link?
I have some time now to talk if you would prefer or we can post back and forth as needed.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes but the power don't came when the key is on I Change 2 glow plug still don't have power
Did you change the valve cover gaskets and replace the connector pigtails?
So only two do not have power but the rest do? If true then there is a harness problem... Most commonly burnt connector pins in the valve cover gaskets and pigtails
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes the valve cover is change
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No 3 have power on glow plug the 12 volt bat and the 2 small one
No 3 what? and 2 small one? What are you referring to? would it be easier over the phone to explain?
the glow plug relay? Or No 3 cylinder glow plug?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No I was try to said on glow plug is 4 plug three have power but the other 12 volt opposite to the 12volt bat don't have power
Click on this link for test information.Troubleshooting
Please remember to rate my service as that is how the site credits the experts for their time on the site. I am logging out for the night since it is 1 AM here but feel free to follow up if needed.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok really don't know wat is the problem do the glow plug make the truck won't start ?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Wat can I start look at it first cause I check the oil level the hpop good the wait and start light good the bat good
The glow plugs only preheat the cylinders for ease of starting in cold weather. Unplug the ICP sensor and see if the engine will start and if so, replace the ICP sensor.... Low ICP pressure will cause a no start and throw a code but you said no codes are logged in the ECM. Install a 5000 PSI gauge in the ICP sensor port to check for ICP pressure. Should see over 500 PSI or around 870 PSI for the engine to start. If low pressure pressurize the high pressure rail with shop air pressure through the ICP sensor port and listen for leaks under the valve covers indicating injector o rings leaking. If no leaks, apply 12V and ground to the IPR valve to put the pump into full pressure. Crank the engine and you should see over 3000 and up to 4000 PSI for a good pump. If no leaks and you have low pressure it is either a faulty IPR or pump
IPR test
ICP voltage
Click on this link. This is the Bible for the 7.3 and will help you with your troubleshooting. Please remember to rate as that is how the experts get credit for their time helping on the site. I am logging out for the night as I have to be up in 5 hours but feel free to follow up if needed.Troubleshooting
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks
Pleasure to help
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
hey i was try to ask why when i unplug the icp the check engine light dont go away and when i unplug the hpop the check engine go away
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
i dont have the tools to check the pression on icp but when i open the fuel ligne and turn the engine i c the fuel coming out .
You will need to run these tests or it will get expensive guessing with parts. Click on this link for a gauge that will work for you. You will just need to adapt it into the ICP port. You can add and extension test hose to be able to read the gauge remotely but it needs to be a hydraulic hose for over 5000 PSI. Most NAPA stores make hoses.Gauge
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
when i spray the start fluid he start and died again
You need a gauge for fuel pressure as well.... should be 80-90 psi and if not could be a pump or regulator problem.
Gauge 200 PSI... Same seller for combined shipping
Id try a cam sensor first or see if it reads RPM with a scan tool. No cam sensor signal the injectors wont fire. Check your relays and fuses as well.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
i change the cam shalf sensor still wont start
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
were is the regulater pump located ? and when i spray start fluid it start that mean wat ?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
wat a i need to check in that case ? like it act like it start but wont start ?
If it will run on ether it means you are not getting fuel. The question is... why... The pressure regulator is at the bottom/side of the fuel filter bowl... It is a plug with a spring and poppet in it. Click on the troubleshooting link I posted and review it.... There are photos of all of this and the component locations. Let me know
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
i c it but i open that line and turn the engine the fuel was coming out do u thing the ipr can do that make the car wont start i put the 12 volt on ipr still wont start
We need to know what the actual pressure is while cranking. If you have low pressure the ECM will not allow the injectors to fire, If no cam sensor signal it will not either. If that checks good you need to confirm power to the IDM and a possible IDM problem. 12V to the IPR does not confirm anything unless you have a gauge in the ICP port to read the pressure with the 12V there.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
hey j didnt have the chance to get the gauge im gon change the fuel pression regulater tomorrow and c . thanks
Thanks for the update. I just realized you are not in the US so you might want to find a gauge local but those links will let you know what you are looking for. Let me know how the regulator works out
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok thanks I will I'm in Memphis tn
Pleasure to help
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
hey i didnt get the part yesterday ford dealer said they have to order when i get the part and put on can i u still help me if the truck dont start ?
Hi, Yes. We can post back and forth as needed and when we are finished please remember to leave feedback as that is how the site credits the experts for their time on the site.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
ok i will thanks .
Pleasure to help
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
hey i when to get the part today and the give me the IPR and said that the fuel pression regulater . i told the fuel pression regulater was the one on the side to the fuel filter .
Yes the fuel pressure regulator is in the filter housing. This information is in the troubleshooting link I posted. The IPR is the pressure regulator for the high pressure oil for the "injection control pressure" Two separate circuits. What is it you are asking about them?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
i was just make sure i didnt ask for the wrong part cause the dealer confuse me . do u thing i can find one on line ?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
im try to change the fuel pression regulateur and c if the truck gon start .
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
when i show them the pic the said he came with the fuel filter housing
http://www.riffraffdiesel.com/fuel-pressure-relief-rebuild-kit/?gclid=CLmSiPnCrMwCFYFahgod5mAIyw http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/282014229987?lpid=82&chn=ps&ul_noapp=true http://www.fordiesels.com/powerstroke-fuel-pressure-regulator-gasket-and-blue-spring-from-ford-oem-kit-3c3z-9t517-ag/?gclid=CI2e1M_DrMwCFYdehgodvFsHjw
click the three links above.... I found a few kits available. Check yours for proper fitment.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
hey i order the part i still dindnt recieve yet .
Thanks for the update. Let me know when it comes in.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
ok thanks