HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European
285738

Focus SE: Ok so my 2008 Ford Focus only starts when it wants

Customer Question

Ok so my 2008 Ford Focus only starts when it wants to. I have read this is a common problem. I replaced starter switch and it worked a few times but boom I am stranded again. HELP
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
In addition I have read online that the 2008 model of Focus has this problem and there is nothing that I can do about it. I do not have a ton of money to throw at the problem. I really need this car to last me until its at least paid off.
Expert:  HDGENE replied 7 months ago.
Hello, the most common issue is a problem with the ignition switch housing on the steering column. The ignition tumbler sits inside the housing. The housing wears and will not allow the vehicle to crank unless you push in on the ignition key. If you replace the steering column lock module this will resolve your concern.
Expert:  HDGENE replied 7 months ago.
Hello, do you need more help with this concern?
Expert:  HDGENE replied 7 months ago.
Hello did I help you with the information you needed or do you require more help?