HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European
285738

My dashboard has a carlock in red it won't start charged the

Customer Question

My dashboard has a carlock in red it won't start charged the battery it started but the next day was dead again red in dash still look ***** ***** car with a lock
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It's study flashing red it a week and I noticed it about three days ago the red flashing car with a lock
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 11 months ago.
Hello what kind of vehicle is this, year, make model? Do you have a second ignition key and if so will it not start with the other key?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No don't have another but changed the battery and in the dash it's still showing carlock what can I do to make it go off
Expert:  HDGENE replied 11 months ago.
The Theft Lamp is flashing indicating a problem with the PATS antitheft system which reads a signal from the ignition key. You didnt mention what kind of ford it was, but basically it could be a problem with the key itself, it uses a chip inside that could have failed. In order to do anything with the PATS system you must have 2 keys. So your best bet at this point would be to find a local locksmith that can cut and program PATS keys and have them come to you instead of having it towed to the ford dealer.