Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

Ford f250 super turbo diesel power stroke v8 know power want

Customer Question

Ford f250 super turbo diesel power stroke v8 know power want to know is there a point to check pressure to injectors or pump it seft.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today. I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made. We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence! What year is the F250 and what engine do you have? When you state no power, engine starts and runs normal, but you just have no horsepower? Do you have smoking? What else was checked?__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back. Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,they are not the site feedback. Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer! Jeremy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2003 the vin: 1ftnx20p83ec2
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They changed the injectors and still when you give it gas it runs but has no power.
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
CLICK HERE and start the video at 4 min 32 seconds for instruction on how to test the high pressure oil system. In the same fitting, instead of putting air you can put a manual gauge that reads up to 4,000 lbs of psi and as low as 500 psi (minimum). Preference is down to 100 psi. At that port, you can see what the pressure is actually putting out.
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
If the IPR wasn't done, I suggest getting it replaced since it is the cause of a lot of power issues, besides testing for seal leaks. CLICK HERE for how to replace it.
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
I see you viewed this and this is still showing as a open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.Did you still need assistance with this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry it started and ran from the shop till home they replaced all injectors and when i woke up the next day it wouldnt start up again just turns over not starting now. So I'm confused now on what the problem is i haven't changed the ipr senor yet but it may be the fuel pump or something need help with this.
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
I would send it back to the shop and have them fix their mistake. They have to cover the repair if that is the case.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well i don't trust them anymore so im going to troubleshoot it myself cause their wanting to much money to recheck and if they find something different there charging me to fix that problem so I'm not having that it's like a setup. How do i go about finding the problem.
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
I'm unable to continue due to family hospital issues. I'm going to opt out so another can help. Good day.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 1 year ago.
Hi there. Different expert here.I can give you all the technical guidance you'll need to diagnose this issue; however, you'll need to use several tools like a a capable scanner, high pressure tester, etc. Are you prepared to do that?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
I just happened to see your reply as I was checking status on my JustAnswer account. I'm online weekdays 2-8PM ET, which means I won't be able to dedicate any time to your request until tomorrow after 2PM ET.In the meantime, I would appreciate it if you could get me the correct VIN for the truck - the one you posted is missing a few digits. Also, it would help us if you could plug in the scan tool and tell me the values for the fuel pressure PID, once with just the ignition on and again while the engine is cranking.I'll check on your reply upon login tomorrow.Best Regards.