Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609

Paxton Just changed batteries on F250HD, now it

Customer Question

***** ***** Paxton Just changed batteries on F250HD, now it is completely dead, no lights, gauges; nothing. Is there a reset?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Had to boost to start this morning. Radio and cruise turning on and off; but running. Attempted to lower drivers side window, pickup died. Left key in ignition, warning dinger worked. Removed and replaced batteries, both with 12.53 volts; now pu is dead. No lights, no dash lights, no gauges; nothing.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 6 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today. I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made. We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence! What year is your F250? What engine is in it? Check the battery cables really well. Most likely there is a bad connection with them if the new battery isn't dead, which I have had happen to me before.__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back. Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,they are not the site feedback. Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer! Jeremy