AMEDEE
AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN
Experience:  ASE CERTIFIED TECHNICIAN ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

Name is ***** *****, 2004 F150 just died, cranks once, won't

Customer Question

Name is ***** *****, 2004 F150 just died, cranks once, won't start & all cluster panel stops working, cleaned all battery posts, pushed it home & this morning it started & I have driven it for about 20 mins. Now it is like nothing happened.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: checked all fuse boxes, when it died I was driving about 5 mph, headlites, taillites work, radio comes on by itself, air bag lights up, and in the past it was chiming 5 times, quit for 5 seconds, then keeps chiming on & off for 5 more times. It quit the chiming thing about 5 days ago, never any warning lits on dash when this happens.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 7 months ago.
Long welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. If the instrument cluster is not working with the key in the on position in this is going to be the problem. The antitheft system goes through the instrument cluster. If he has to close is not working for any reason engine will not start. You're going to have to check the inputs to the back of the instrument cluster with key on, powers and grounds. If all checks out good, and the cluster is still not responding, the instrument instrument clusters is bad and will need to be replaced.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 7 months ago.
Hello! It'sCustomerfrom just answer. I am just checking in to see if you need any further assistance? Let me know!
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 7 months ago.