HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European
285738

Ford expedition Eddie Bauer: I have a 2008 Ford expedition

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Ford expedition Eddie Bauer. It seems to be getting almost like a backfire coming off the expressway when I am about 40 miles an hour and or low exhilaration.it won't do it all the time, I just had the hundred thousand mile check up replace the spark plugs fuel filter it was doing it before I brought it in and my mechanic could not find anything wrong, naturally it won't do it anytime you go to take it in. It's driving me nuts
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.
Hello, sounds like you may have an issue with one of the ignition coils breaking down on reacceleration. If its not setting and pending or memory misfire codes, a shop can look at mode 6 data which stores misfire events for the each cylinder when its not severe enough to set a diagnostic trouble code, either this or being able to run the vehicle on an osciliscope would be the only way to pinpoint which coil(s) could be at fault.
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.
Hello, do you need more help or information?