EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified

2013 sho po020 code JA: Thanks. Can you give

Customer Question

***** ***** 2013 sho po020 code
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 10,000 miles on car check engine light on pulled code po020
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 6 months ago.
Hi. The code is for the intake camshaft actuator electrical circuit on bank 2. The connector may be unplugged or the solenoid is electrically open inside. You can check the resistance of the soleniod with an ohm meter to see if it is within spec. Is that something you can do yourself?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Where is the solenoid on the engine?
The solenoid is on bank 2 which is the front side of the engine, near radiator. The solenoid is on the drive belt side. You will see it come through the valve cover with a small electrical connector. with 2 wires. There are 2 of them side by side. The one in question on your car is the one on the intake side. Let me know if you can pinpoint it. Thanks.
Have you checked out the solenoid? Do you have any more questions on this? Let me know and also rate the service I am providing. Thank you.