Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

F 350 super duty: 2006 f350 4x4 5.4 auto DRW does not shift

Customer Question

2006 f350 4x4 5.4 auto DRW does not shift smooth will not shift into drive without lifting off the throttle no codes no check engine lite. If I stall test, engine in drive brake on throttle to the floor engine only goes to approx. 1300 flutters possible miss. RPM,s fluctuate approx. 200 RPM
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 7 months ago.
Hello, is the transmission full and the fluid not smell burnt? No warning lights on check engine light or tow/haul lamp flashing? Have you had it checked for codes with a scan tool? Does the transmission shift ok otherwise just a delay going into drive and or reverse? With a slight miss it could be an engine drivability issue
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I serviced the trans, new filter ,oil, replaced pan & dipstick tube ( rusted truck was a plow truck ) I hooked my reader, no codes. Trans does not shift OK. I would say it fells like an old school trans with a modulator when you have vacuum leak. This is all electronic tho correct? Witch should throw a code.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 7 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. It appears the tech which was helping is not logging in today since you have now waited over 16 hours for a response. Lets see if I can help. Can you give me some better details.When shifted from P or N to R or D is there a delayed engagement or harsh engagement?Once engaged in R does it work fine?Once engaged in D and you accelerate does 1st gear work fine or bog down or slip resulting in high rpm with little speed increase?In D which shifts have concerns for example 1-2, 2-3, 3-4 etc... and describe the concern like harsh or delayed?So far I believe you have a misfire from one or more coils going bad based on your stall speed test, or the torque converter has a faulty OWC. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris