Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609

2001 f350 v10 JA: Thanks. Can you give me any

Customer Question

***** ***** 2001 f350 v10
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I had an issue of something draining the battery so I replaced the selinoid then the radio started on fire so I found that problem I got a new battery and I got it to start but I had it running and it just died and now it won't start when I turn the key the solenoid only clicks one then stops
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 6 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today. I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made. We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence! Have you checked to see if the starter is getting power to the ignition wire? How are the battery cables and alternator? Since you changed the battery, verify the cables are good and tight. The issue you have after a battery replacement is common related to loose battery cables. Was the alternator tested to make sure it isn't pulling any power with the key off? When the diodes go bad, they will drain a battery and do so very fast causing this issue as well. Check the starter to make sure it isn't faulty. Rule out these obvious causes and then we can continue if needed.__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back. Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,they are not the site feedback. Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer! Jeremy