Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Ford Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector & Ford Diagnostics/Repair

Ford 2005: Have 2005 Ford Freestyle with dual control air cond.

Customer Question

Have 2005 Ford Freestyle with dual control air cond. Pass side fine driver side warm air will not change to a/c
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 6 months ago.
This issue is most commonly due to a faulty Temp Blend Door Actuator. The driver's side actuator is located behind the driver's side/center of the dash. The Actuator can be accessed from under the driver's side of the dash working upward on an angle towards the center. Inspect the electrical connector and wire harness for any loose, broken or damaged wires. If the visual inspection checks ok, remove the actuator and turn the door pin by hand. The temp output should now be correct. If not, the problem lies internal of the HVAC housing. It will need to be removed and repaied as needed. If the temp is now correct, replace the Actuator. For an image location view of the actuator, click here: my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating or accepting my answer.Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for this Q&A. You can ask follow-up questions even after you rate or accept. Thank-you!
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 6 months ago.