Vladgmru, Automotive Electrician
Experience:  I've been working with American made cars since 1992.

2000 expedition, 4 way works but on start up the signal

Customer Question

2000 expedition, 4 way flasher works but on start up the signal lights don't work and ABS light and 4x4 symbol are on. I would like to check fuses but don't have a diagram for this vehicle.
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with ABS (as well as brakes in general.) Do you happen to have the code?
Customer: no I have not taken it in to get the code
JA: No worries. You and the mechanic can figure that out together. Ok, so other than the problems you mentioned, how has the car been running?
Customer: good, but this is a electrical circuit question not ABS. this is just a warning light on issue
JA: Noted. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: detaching negative battery terminal, checking a few fuses list on other sights. remove key assemble. pushed on relays in underhood junction box,
JA: Anything else I can tell the Ford Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Vladgmru replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!My name is ***** ***** not look like you turn signals issue and ABS/4WD warning are related.Please make sure you do not have blown bulbs for indicators and I hope you do not use LED lights for indicators.If there is nothing wrong with bulbs, then I would suspect the flasher/turn signal relay intermittent operation. The flasher relay is located behind the center of the instrument panel. There should be two relays, one for the blower motor and another one for the indicators. Just listen to its clicking to locate it.Regarding ABS and 4WD warning lights, I really need to know trouble codes in order to give you any directions to check. It could be something as simple as a sensor or switch, but without knowing trouble codes, we can only guess.