Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

Intermitant stalling, getting worse- especially on a hot day.

Customer Question

intermitant stalling, getting worse- especially on a hot day. I think pump maybe sounds different too
JA: Whether it's at the end of the driveway or on the highway, a car stalling can be dangerous. The good news is the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with all kinds of engine issues. How old is the battery?
Customer: new
JA: Does the car stall out mainly when going up or down hills?
Customer: don't think it matters- definatelly worse on hot day or when ac is on
JA: Got it. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: van will run again when it sit for an hour, and is cool again. but stalling is getting worse now. had to push it home. fuel pressure tester I rented today said 31lbs key on 30lbs running 39 lbs unhooking regulater
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: almost always---yes
JA: Anything else I can tell the Ford Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: that's it
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 6 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Can I get the year, make, model, and engine?
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 5 months ago.
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Nothing wrong with ur service, I just like doing my own work,it was the fuel pump. Intermittent miss,became worse,lean code both banks,then no codes at all. Had original fuel pump sticker on it read 1998. Runs good now thanks.
Glad you got it resolved. I wish I had known the year, make, and model so I could of helped you diagnose and repair this back on the 18th.