Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

Bill, tim, i was looking forsimilar symptoms was driving

Customer Question

bill, hi tim, i was looking forsimilar symptoms was driving 2002 sport it was fine started feeling rough idle like lower idle so kept its rev a little at stops about 100 extra rpm to 800. after stopping for dinner it began fine, then would not shift to 2 or 3rd. parked it now wont go int rev or any forward gear
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: a/t wont shift into any gears.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 6 months ago.
Hello is this an explorer sport? RUns down the road ok just a rough idle? Does it have a transmission dipstick to check the trans fluid? Or no Dipstick? Any warning lights on, check engine light or od lamp flashing?
Expert:  HDGENE replied 6 months ago.
Hello, do you need more help or information?