Ironmike
Ironmike, Ford Technician
Experience:  30 years ASE Master tech L1 . Ford master
11302663

What is a Torque Converter 2009 Edge Ford sedan...what

Customer Question

What is a Torque Converter for a 2009 Edge Ford sedan...what is cost & estimated labor cost? My name is ***** ***** Rue (###) ###-####
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I am 91 yrs of age...live on my Social Security...is there a mechanic local to Laguna Woods, Ca. who can help me with fixing the car at a price I can afford? Thanks Ironmike
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ironmike replied 7 months ago.
greetings, are you sure it is the transmission torque converter? who did the diagnosis?
Expert:  Ironmike replied 7 months ago.
torque converter is a part that connects to the engine flywheel. It is how the engine turns the transmission, a hydraulic lock so to speak.
Expert:  Ironmike replied 7 months ago.
I see from ford a reman torque converter for 362$
Expert:  Ironmike replied 7 months ago.
this is not a simple job if the trans torque converter is bad. I would take it to a ford dealership.
Expert:  Ironmike replied 7 months ago.
Santa Margarita Ford4.6 (105) · Ford Dealer30031 Santa Margarita Pkwy(949)(###) ###-####ery good reviews