roy
roy, import/domestic specialest
Experience:  ASE master tech for 40 years
3506196

New battery drained within a month JA: There are so many things

Customer Question

new battery drained within a month
JA: There are so many things that can cause battery issues. Some simple, some complicated. The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Will the car start?
Customer: no
JA: Got it. The mechanic will have thoughts on how you two can troubleshoot and diagnose this issue. How old is the battery?
Customer: 3 or 4 weeks
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: replaced previous battery that was about 2 years old. just got in may car and one day and it would not start. Purchased a new battery about 3 weeks ago. Got in the car to start and it sounded like it wanted to start and then everything went dead.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: no
JA: OK! The Ford Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Anything else I can tell the Ford Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  roy replied 7 months ago.
good evening my name is ***** ***** I will assist do you have a voltmeter to do some checks??? Roy
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
NO. I really don know what that is either.
Expert:  roy replied 7 months ago.
ok, need to do some tests to find out why. it could be a bad alternator not keeping the battery charged or it could be a parasitic draw draining the battery. do you have anyone who can help you?? Roy
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I will have someone available in about 15 minutes. Can I reach you then?
Expert:  roy replied 7 months ago.
yep, be here for a while
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks for your help. My husband tightened the battery cable and it started.
Expert:  roy replied 7 months ago.
good find glad you got it
Expert:  roy replied 7 months ago.
please dont forget to rate me as it is the only way I get paid for my efforts Roy