Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

DD somehow my keyless got locked. JA: Thanks. Can you give

Customer Question

DD somehow my keyless got locked.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 1999 eddie bauer explorer. The keyless or key will not work. Someone must have thought it would be fun to mess with the keypad.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 7 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Just so I understand, the key will go into the door and turn but not workThe key fob no buttons workThe keypad will not work.This all sounds more like the battery is dead under the hood. Will the key work in the liftgate, if it has the key option? If its the battery I can help you power it if you have jumper cables and get under the vehicle. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Already figured that out all though it won't take a jump and the battery is new. Battery will go back for a check with receipt.
So you now have access to the inside the vehicle, the battery has power but nothing on the car has power?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No. No power period. Battery is dead.
So do you want to hold off on any diag that may still be needed till you get the battery replaced?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok.
Super
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris