AMEDEE
AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN
Experience:  ASE CERTIFIED TECHNICIAN ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

F250 Lariat: 2000 ford f250 5.4L gas truck. Runs great, but

Customer Question

2000 ford f250 5.4L gas truck.
Runs great, but when it's hot outside (not the engine is running hot) if you turn the truck off it will not start until it cools down. The problem is no power to fuel pump. It started to be 20 to 30 min. cool down time. that time has grown over the last two years. every time I take it in it's no longer broken so they cant fix.
It isn't a fuel pump or the filter etc. Again it runs great when it's running and only has a problem when you turn the truck off and then want to restart it. It turns over great just no fuel.
Category: Ford
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. If the fuel pump is not coming on when this no start condition occurs, you will need to check power going to the fuel pump on the pink/black wire. There is either a wiring issue, possibly a bad inertai switch or a faulty or missing input to the fuel pump relay. The fuel pump relay should have two powers and one ground going into it while cranking. Here is a wiring diagram of the fuel pump circuit.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 7 months ago.
Hello! It'sCustomerfrom just answer. I am just checking in to see if you need any further assistance? Let me know!
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 7 months ago.