Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

Ford F150 Lariat 4wd: 2001 F150 5.4 Last year replaced battery

Customer Question

2001 F150 5.4
Last year replaced battery that was dead as in would not turn the engine over and when tested with floating ball tester showed as dead. When tested by Oreillys with machine showed as good. Proved to them it was dead and they replaced it.
Here we are same time this year battery is dead. When I hook to my good charger it says charged. When I check with floating balls tester it will not float any and is in fact quite dead. Any ideas whats going on ?
Category: Ford
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. What is the battery voltage currently at?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
A little above halfway to "H"
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 6 months ago.
I need to know how many volts
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Guess I nee to go to the Ford dealer then Thanks anyway
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 6 months ago.
You can check this yourself using a voltmeter that you get purchase for less that 20 bucks. The Tow and the diagnostic just to start with is going to be well over 200 bucks
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 6 months ago.
Hello! It'sCustomerfrom just answer. I am just checking in to see if you need any further assistance? Let me know!