Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

1995 ford ranger 3.0 v6 compressor will not engage. No power

Customer Question

1995 ford ranger 3.0 v6 compressor will not engage. No power at the connector and refrigerant is full
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Initially the ac was blowing only on the defroster. I found a break in the vacuum hose. Connected the hose, air started blowing through cabin vents but the air was not cold
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. Does the AC compressor engagde if you jumper the AC pressure switch?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 6 months ago.
Ok, good, then it is likley that the AC pressure switch is bad.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 6 months ago.
Hello! It'sCustomerfrom just answer. I am just checking in to see if you need any further assistance? Let me know!