A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, ASE Advanced Gasoline Engine Performance
14865528

My name is ***** ***** just recenly purchased a 2005 f150 where

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** just recenly purchased a 2005 f150 where the speedometer flucuates around 60 mph. It also seems like it downshifts at 60 mph every once in awhile. I have a code p2106, p2110, p1500, and b1884. The dealer replaced the TAC and the speedo still acts up.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: no
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  A. Penland replied 7 months ago.
Can you give me the VIN# ***** I can check for more information on your F150?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
1ftpw14535ke53100
Look at the Output Shaft Speed sensor on the drivers side of the transmission. It sends the vehicle speed signal to the PCM (engine computer) sends to the instrument cluster for the speedometer. Check the wiring connector to is and make sure there is no oil or corrosion in the connector. Also, have the sensor replaced.