Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Ford Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector & Ford Diagnostics/Repair
18617752

Ford freestyle 2006 has a2 codes running rough cannot figure

Customer Question

ford freestyle 2006 has a2 codes running rough cannot figure out the numbers on sparkplugs how they are placed in the engine]
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: started running rough yesterday and says code p2195 o25 stuck lean 1/1 and p3030 cyclinder 3 misfire but cannot figure out which is 3 or where to start
JA: Good to know. The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with this sort of thing. How old is your transmission?
Customer: same age as car
JA: Ok. We'll get you to one of the go-to transmission guys. Other than the problems you mentioned, how has the car been running?
Customer: good until yesterday had a new fuel pump and tuneup 1and 1/2 years ago
JA: Noted. IÂ’ll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes my husband and cousin
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: trying to figure placement of spark plugs and put code machine on
JA: Anything else I can tell the Ford Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: I don't think so
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 7 months ago.
On this vehicle, cylinder number 3 is on the side of the engine closest to the windshield, and it's the cylinder closest to the driver's side. To gain access to the cylinder, the upper intake will need to first be removed. There are a few things that can cause a single-cylinder misfire. This can be a worn spark plug, a faulty ignition coil, a faulty fuel injector, an intake air leak, low cylinder compression, etc. On these engines though, very commonly this is a faulty ignition coil. They are very well known fail items, so this may be the best place to start. As for the P2195- this points towards the oxygen sensor for bank1/sensor1. This sensor is mounted to the exhaust manifold on the side of the engine closest to the windshield. Inspect the electrical connector and wire harness for any loose, broken or damaged wires. If the visual inspection checks ok, replace the sensor. Unplug the electrical connector and unscrew the sensor from the pipe. For an image location view of this sensor, click here:https://www.dropbox.com/s/ounbnvixj7w9v9k/ford-o2.jpg?dl=0If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating or accepting my answer.Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for this Q&A. Customer ratings help other customers find the better (or worse) Experts! You can ask follow-up questions even after you rate or accept. Thank-you!