Ray M.
Ray M., Ford Master Tech
Experience:  30+ years in trade, Ford Master Tech, Journeyman Automotive Tech
11409661

Asking about my 2013 f 150 never had any issues

Customer Question

***** ***** asking about my 2013 f 150 never had any issues with snow until yesterday...the light said i was in 4x4 high but i had zero control any chance it was not engaged
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: never had any issues with snow until yesterday...the light said i was in 4x4 high but i had zero control any chance it was not engaged
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ray M. replied 7 months ago.
HiMost likely the IWE hubs are defective or the vacuum line came off, these truck have a lot of trouble with the integrated wheel hubs, they break and leak. To check them put the truck in 4x4 with the engine running and in park, then jack up one of the front wheels, you shouldn't be able to turn the wheel by hand, if you can then one or both the hubs are defective and need to be replaced.
Expert:  Ray M. replied 7 months ago.
Still need more help?