Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Its a 2004 f150 with the 5.4 triton overdrive quit with overdrive

Customer Question

its a 2004 f150 with the 5.4 triton overdrive quit with overdrive turned off 1st,2nd 3rd works fine changed filter and fluid there was no metal in the pan and it has dtc po732 transmission does not slip or mess up with overdrive off
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: what I just said
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: that's all I know
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 7 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. We need to get the pan off and the valve body off to check the valve body for any valve scoring and binding, then we need to remove the OD band servo to see if the servo seals are damaged. If the fluid is dark or has an odor then the band has slipped and burnt, meaning the trans needs to be removed and the band replaced. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have already done that there is no scoring the oil wasn't burnt smelling and was bright red I think it's electrical
You have already done what. I mentioned checking the valve body, servo and band. Tell me everything you have done?
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris